The human need for being fathered is deep. The longing for Father God resides in each of our hearts. Our spirits long to be fathered by the father of our dreams, our perfect Heavenly Father.
You may know in your mind that the Father loves you, but has it captured your heart? Has it permeated your very being? Do you sense, feel, taste and hear His love for you? Has it so overwhelmed you that you can’t help but overflow with His love?
God wants to you to experience an intimate Father relationship with Him
Father adopted you as His child
Father God so wanted you to be His child that He paid the ultimate price to adopt you. He paid for your adoption with the blood and life of His only Son, Jesus. He gave the only child He had so He could have you as His child.
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself according to the good pleasure of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved. Eph. 1:3-6
Do you see that Father God chose you to be His child before the foundation of the world? That He predestined you to adoption as His son or daughter? He did, for this verse is about you. He predestined you to be His child knowing full well the price He would have to pay to do so. The price He paid for you, the great pain He endured seeing His Son beaten, whipped unmercifully and nailed to a tree, was as nothing to Him, so great was His love for you. So tremendous was His love for you already, even before you were born.
It was the “good pleasure” of the Father’s will to adopt you. In fact, it was His extreme pleasure and supreme delight to adopt you. You were in His heart and He wanted you as His child for eternity. Why else would He pay such a high price for you?
…. you have received the spirit of adoption, the Spirit producing sonship in the bliss of which you cry, Abba Father! Rm. 8:15 Amp.
Never forget that His love, His heart towards you, is the Father’s heart. His heart is not the heart of a ruler, king or judge in your life. His heart is one of unconditional love for you, period. He does not sit in judgment over you. He does not sit in self-righteous holiness towards you. His heartbeat is as a totally loving Father towards you.
I will welcome you and be a Father to you and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty. 2 Cor. 6:18 TLB
Did you know that contained in His Father heart is all the love you could ever dream of or imagine? It is hard to imagine that one heart could hold all the love we would ever need, as no human heart can, no matter how hard we try to make it do so. No human can ever meet your need for love. No human can ever love you totally and unconditionally like your Father can. He holds within His heart ALL the love you could ever need, and even so much more. So very much more.
For His heart beats with totally unconditional love for you. His love just IS because of His Father’s heart towards you
His Lavish Love
You need to know that the Father’s love, because He is love, is an over-the-top, overwhelming kind of love, that He desires to lavish upon you.
How great is the love the Father has lavished on you, that you should be called the children of God. 1 Jn. 3:1 NIV
He is not a stingy Father, but extremely generous in revealing and pouring out His love on you.
His Forever Love
I am absolutely convinced that nothing—nothing living or dead, angelic or demonic, today or tomorrow, high or low, thinkable or unthinkable—absolutely nothing can get between you and God’s love…Rm. 8:39 Msg.
His love for you is impenetrable. Nothing and no one can take it away from you or get in the way of His great love for you. Nor does His love for you ever end.
Everything that Father God does is motivated by His everlasting love for you. His love is perpetual, unending, eternal.
…Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you. Jer. 31:3
There was never a time in all eternity when you were not loved by God. Nothing you can do can make God love you anymore or any less than He does right now. He has fully committed His heart and His soul to you.
The scriptures tell us the Father’s love is…
- A great love. Eph. 2:4
- A wonderful love. Ps. 31:21
- A priceless love. Ps. 36:7
- A lavish love. 1 Jn. 3:1
- An unfailing love. Ps. 36:7
- An everlasting love. Jer. 31:3
- A love that surpasses knowledge. Eph. 3:19
- A love that is full of goodness. Ps. 69:16
- A love that stands firm. Ps. 89:2
- A love that is safe. Deut. 33:12
- A love that calms our fears. Zeph. 3:17
- A love that pursues us. Ps. 23:6 NLT
- A love that is so good. Ps. 69:16
- A love that is deep. Ps. 107:43 MSG
- A love that never quits. Ps. 136:22 MSg
- A love that is inseparable. Rm. 8:38-39
- A love that is as strong as death. SS 8:6
- A love that is invincible. SS 8:6 MSG
- A love that stops at nothing. SS 8:7 MSG
- A love that is a most vehement flame. SS 8:7
- A love that paid a huge price for us. Is. 43:4 MSG
- A love that adopts us as His own. Rm. 8:15 NLT
- A love that makes us whole and holy. Eph. 1:4 MSG
- A love that cherishes us. 1 Jn. 4:16 AMP
- A love that loves us first. 1 Jn. 4:19 MSG
- A love that honors us. Is. 43:4 NCV
- A love that is extravagant. Is. 63:9 MSG
- A love that redeemed us. Is. 63:9 NLT
- A love that fills our heart. Rm. 5:5 NLT
- A love that is better than wine. SS 4:9 AMP
- A love that is better than life itself. Ps. 63:3
Word from Daddy
How I long to reveal myself as Father. How I long for my children to know me as Daddy. How I long to show them what being a father really is. How I long, even more, for them to experience as a reality in their life, My Fatherhood. My heart yearns to be the father they desire, to protect love and cherish them. My heart cries out to hear them cry out with abandonment Father, Father…Daddy, Daddy.
God desires, above all else, to father you.
It is astounding that God would have us call Him Father. The fact that He is Father indicates that He is a living, personal being and not an impersonal force.
What does it mean for God to father you?
- It means that we can get to know Him. It means that we talk with Him and interact with Him. It means that we can relate to Him on a personal and even an intimate basis. God would have us call Him Father because it is a personal term that refers to a personal being with whom we can personally relate.
- Father implies family interaction. It implies dependence, for a father is the source of life. It implies love and intimacy. It implies certain roles and responsibilities. A good father is committed to his family. He loves, protects and provide. He lovingly guides, corrects, teaches and instructs his children.
- A father also bequeaths an inheritance upon his children.
- If you do not know God as intimate, personal Father, you do not really know Him at all.
Your Father delights in you
Have you ever considered that you are the delight of the Father’s heart? He sees you as the one who can bring Him great joy. The one in whom He takes great pleasure. The one of whom He is proud. The one with whom He is enraptured.
- You will be called Hephzibah (means My delight is in her) for the Lord will take delight in you…as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride, so will your God rejoice over you. Is. 62:45
- The Father is undeniably for you. He delights in you. You are His treasure. He rejoices over you. He is totally committed to your happiness and well-being. And if God the Father is for you, who can be against you? (Rm. 8:31)
- The heart of the Father belongs to His children in a way that it does not belong to anyone else. Mal. 3:17 tells us that His children are His most cherished treasure.
- The Father delights in you. His delight has nothing to do with any virtue or greatness in you but only because of His great love and faithfulness. He is the ultimate good & perfect Father.
Who will father the children of men? Whose arms are big enough for all the lonely children of the world? Only Father God.