CATCH THE FIRE
Revival/Birth of Vision
The In His Presence (formally Soaking Prayer Center) vision was born out of the revival at the Toronto Airport Christian Fellowship in Toronto, Canada (now called CTF Toronto). This revival started in 1994 and has touched millions of people all over the world. Some of the fruit of this revival has been a revelation of the Father’s love, restoration of intimacy with Him during times in His Presence, and burnt out Christians being refreshed and revived.
As a result of the revival, people were getting healed: emotionally, mentally and physically while soaking in His Presence. People were also being revived, renewed and refreshed. As people were returning home and sharing their experiences in Toronto, some who heard were also coming into the same experiences. John and Carol Arnott realized that what was happening in Toronto was transferable and revival was breaking out. In His Presence Groups were birthed out of a vision to see this grass-roots revival spread world-wide.
The revival was all about the Presence of God. Millions of people came to Toronto to experience His Presence. It was His Presence that caused the manifestations. It was His Presence that kept people glued to the floor. And it was His Presence that changed people’s lives.
John Arnott had a vision of three “cream pots” (streams) that he was to partake from and these revelations were to be the foundation of the revival. The first was hearing God’s voice from Mark Virkler. The second was the revelation of the Father’s heart from Jack Winters. The third was healing life’s hurts from John and Paula Sanford. These are the foundational streams that the revival was based upon.
Catch the Fire Values
- Being Immersed in the Love, Grace and Presence of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Experiencing Freedom through the Healing of Life’s Hurts.
- Pursuing Intimacy with God through Worship, Prayer, Soaking in His Presence and Loving His Word.
- Empowering all to carry the Good News of the Kingdom to their nation and to the World in the Power of the Spirit and with Fire!
- Building Lasting Relationships that Change the World.
- Have fun! Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again; Rejoice! Phil. 4:4
- We believe that every person is called to be a carrier of revival.
- Our Vision is to see revival fires burn all over the earth in every nation!
- Our Aim is to raise-up ordinary people, giving them the opportunity to take their God-given gift to the nations and see signs, wonders and miracles in the physical body as well as seeing people’s hearts healed.
- We want every person to change this world by doing what Jesus did and joining with us to walk in God’s love and give it away until the earth is filled with the knowledge of the Glory of the Lord.
- Catch the Fire (CTF) ministries is committed to training and equipping ordinary people within the Church to bring revival to their homes, churches, offices, schools, communities and the nations. We do this by hosting different schools, conferences and seminars both in Toronto and around the world, sharing Our Values and what we believe to be the keys to Revival. (See list of events offered on the last pages.)
Great Commandment/Great Commission
To love God with all your heart, mind, soul and strength you must first know and experience His incredible unconditional love for you. We love because He first loved us…
It is now possible for us to know Him experientially and intimately. It is all about relationship—He is our one and only.
We must know who we are in Him and our authority in Him so that serving Him comes out of a secure love relationship, not fear or appeasement.
Our significance, self-worth and security do not, and must not, depend on our own efforts, what others think of us, or on how well us do—but in Jesus’ love and forgiveness.
We want to minister like Jesus—out of a secure place in the Father and only doing what we see the Father doing.
Secondly, it’s all about loving your neighbor as yourself.
Love must be our personal foundation (Eph. 3:16-19) and the basis for our ministry—to love as Jesus loves (1 Cor. 3; John 15:12).
We must be full of God’s love so that it is overflowing out of us and everyone we are in contact with will be touched by His love.
God’s love is a secure foundation for ministry—it will help you to see people as He sees them and love them as He loves them. (Eph. 3:16-19)
For more information on Catch the Fire Ministries, go to their website at: www.catchthefire.com